This summer you may be preparing food and drinks for your BBQ, going camping, or want something to cool off. Look no further — we have some cannabis-infused recipes that are fun homemade edible options! Below are five of our favorite summertime cannabis recipes of appetizers, desserts and beverages to help you enjoy summer. Remember to start low and go slow with any cannabis-infused food or drink and label your treats and leftovers.
1. Infused Elote (a.k.a. Mexican Street Corn)
Traditional elote is Mexican street corn that is smothered in mayonnaise and cheese then spritzed with lime. For this cannabis infused recipe, we will replace the mayonnaise with a spicy compound butter. We recommend grilling the corn in the husk on a hot grill, and then covering immediately with the butter and cotija cheese. Each corn cob contains 10mg THC.
10 ears of corn with the husks on
1 cup cotija cheese
1 stick Sweet Grass Cannabutter (100mg THC)
½ tsp paprika
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp cayenne
½ tsp chipotle powder
½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
Directions for Compound Butter:
- Soften the cannabutter at room temperature.
- Slice the cannabutter into 10 pats.
- Using a food processor mix the butter and the spices until combined.
- Using a spatula transfer the butter mixture to parchment paper.
- Roll the parchment paper creating a butter log with an inch diameter
- Put butter roll in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Slice butter roll into 10 pats
- Grill corn, turning often, at high heat (around 400 degree F) until each side of the husk is blackened. Some chefs prefer to soak the corn first in water but we like the texture that comes with using high heat and a shorter amount of time.
- Remove corn from the grill and carefully, using heat resistant gloves, peel back the husk.
- Smear 1 pat of compound butter all over the corn.
- Roll the corn in cotija cheese.
- Squeeze lime to taste on the corn and enjoy!
2. Keto-Friendly Popsicles
Coconut lovers this recipe is for you! This frozen delight has only 1g net carb per serving that’s dairy-free, and sugar-free. It is naturally sweetened with a keto sugar-free sweetener, and contains a high percentage of fat to help you reach your fat macro. There’s no better way to kick back and enjoy the long dog days of summer than with this tasty keto treat! Each serving contains 10mg THC.
Makes 8, ⅓ cup popsicles
⅔ C. canned coconut cream (shake before measuring)
13.5 oz. can of full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
8 ml. Tonic Drops
7 ml. MCT Oil, or, melted Coconut Oil
⅓ C. Erythritol sweetener
½ C. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Mix ingredients thoroughly. The goal is to blend until there are only small pieces of shredded coconut remaining for texture.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Insert popsicle sticks.
- Place popsicle molds in freezer until frozen (2 – 3 hours).
- Enjoy responsibly!
3. Infused S’mores
What’s better than the pure pleasure of ooey-gooey goodness that comes from perfectly roasted marshmallow and chocolate sandwiched between two crunchy graham crackers? Whether your weekend plans include camping in the Rocky Mountains or staying close to home, this infused s’mores recipe only calls for 3 simple ingredients and is a perfect summer indulgence. Each Full Melt Chocolate square contains 10mg THC.
Graham crackers, broken into squares
Full Melt Milk Chocolate Bar – divided into 10 equal portions
- Break one large graham cracker in half (one for the top, one for the bottom).
- Place one square of Full Melt Milk Chocolate bar (1 square=10mg THC) on the cracker halve.
- Put a marshmallow (or two) on your skewer or stick and hold it over the fire until roasted to your liking.
- Place the roasted marshmallow on top of the chocolate.
- Take the other half of the graham cracker and cover the hot marshmallow, pressing down firmly enough to pull out the stick.
- Enjoy responsibly!
4. Weed Lemon Bars
This easy summertime dessert is a perfect complement after a hearty BBQ meal. The light creamy lemon filling is sweet and sour but the star of this dish is the cannabis-infused crust created using Sweet Grass Cannabutter. This weed lemon bar is sure to help you smile, relax and socialize while you watch the summer sunset. Each lemon bar contains 8mg THC.
For the shortbread crust –
1 stick of Sweet Grass Cannabutter (100mg THC)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
For the filling –
1 cup of sugar
3 tbsp flour
1 cup of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the melted butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and flour for the crust together in a medium bowl.
- Press the mixture firmly to the bottom of the pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- For the filling, mix the sugar and flour together in a large bowl. Add the eggs and lemon juice and whisk.
- Pour the filling in the pan over the crust and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove the bars from the oven and let them cool to room temperature before putting them in the fridge for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional), cut into 12 bars and enjoy responsibly!
5. Strawberry Watermelon Canna-Cocktail
This fruity cocktail uses fresh strawberry and watermelon plus cannabis tincture and is sure to please and cool you off. We used the 1:1 Tonic Drops Tincture but you can use any cannabis tincture and differing amounts, depending on the effects you want. Each drink contains about 7mg THC and 7mg CBD.
1 1/2 cups of diced seedless watermelon
1 cup of strawberries (without stems)
1/2 cup of club soda
1 tbsp honey
4 full droppers of 1:1 Tonic Drops Citrus Tincture
- Add watermelon, strawberries, club soda, honey and tincture to a blender.
- Blend for 2 minutes or until mixture is puréed.
- Pour into two glasses with ice, garnish with strawberry or mint (optional) and enjoy!