The big game day is almost here and however you are watching the championship, it’s a must to have excellent appetizers and drinks.
These easy game day cannabis-infused recipes are made with cannabutter or cannabis tincture and are sure to delight you and your adult football-loving buddies. You may even get a cheer or pat on the back for bringing the perfect game day food!
Tincture and Cannabutter Explained
Before we delve into the recipes, here are some things to know about tinctures and cannabutter if you are using them to make edibles or infused drinks.
Cannabutter is made by extracting the cannabinoids into a fat. Cannabinoids like THC are fat-soluble, so with cannabutter, you will absorb a good amount. For tinctures, the cannabis is extracted using alcohol or glycerin and has a neutral taste or natural flavors are added.
For both tinctures and cannabutter, the cannabis is decarboxylated, which activates the cannabinoids to feel their effects. When tinctures or cannabutter are added to food or drinks they must pass through the liver to be metabolized. So the effects may not be felt for up to two hours after eating and may last six hours or more. Taking cannabis tincture sublingually (under your tongue) produces more immediate effects in about 15-30 minutes.
Recipes Using Tinctures
When making your own cannabis-infused foods or drinks, it’s fun to get creative and customize to your liking. Choose a tincture from Tonic Drops with THC or a THC to CBD ratio and the amount that fits the effects you desire. Three full droppers equal one 10mg serving of THC. Kick off football season with these canna-licious recipes using tincture.
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- ½ lb cooked breakfast sausage (or omit if you prefer a vegetarian version)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of milk
- Tonic Drops
- Add cheese, sausage, tomatoes, and milk to a crockpot.
- Mix ingredients.
- Cook on low and stir occasionally until cheese is melted.
- Add the desired amount of Tonic Drops.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve with other favorite toppings and your favorite chips or crackers.
View the video for the recipe below. For a vegetarian option, replace the breakfast sausage with meatless veggie sausage (ie. Amy’s or MorningStar).
- 1 box Jello (your favorite flavor)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 oz. Tonic Drops (100mg)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Boil 1 cup of water in a saucepan, on the stove.
- While water is boiling, place Jello mix into a mixing bowl.
- Pour boiling water into mixing bowl with Jello and whisk until it completely dissolves.
- Add Tonic Drops & cold water to the bowl and whisk.
- Slowly pour your mixture into 24 2 oz cups on a cookie sheet.
- Put into the fridge for 2 hours or until it’s set.
For vegans use a vegan jello mix (ie. Simply Delish or Bakol).
Recipes Using Sweet Grass Cannabutter
If you’ve never cooked with Cannabutter from Sweet Grass you’re in for a treat! Each stick of Sweet Grass Kitchen Cannabutter contains 100mg THC. That’s a lot, but it’s easy because it’s portioned out into ten tablespoons each with 10mg THC. Here are a couple of cannabis twists on some game day favorites.
Infused Buffalo Drumsticks
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 4 tablespoons Sweet Grass Kitchen Cannabutter (40mg)
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup wing sauce
- 1 tbsp flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Pour wing hot sauce of your choice over chicken.
- Add a dash of brown sugar, pepper, salt, and white vinegar.
- Add Sweet Grass Cannabutter.
- After an hour, toss to coat and use flour to thicken.
- Cook for 5-6 hours on low.
View the video for the Infused Buffalo Drumsticks recipe here. If you want a meatless option, substitute the chicken wings and drumsticks with cauliflower.
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 Jalapenos
- 5 tablespoons Sweet Grass Cannabutter (50mg)
- 12 slices of bacon
- 1 Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cream cheese
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and clean out seeds.
- Mix cream cheese, greek yogurt, cannabutter, salt, and pepper.
- Fill jalapeno halves with cannabutter/cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap in bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is thoroughly cooked.
For a meatless option, omit bacon or substitute for veggie bacon (ie. MorningStar or Be Leaf).
We hope these delicious cannabis-infused recipes help you cheer on your team, or console you if they don’t perform. Or they may just help you to be entertained and relaxed while you watch the showdown. And be sure to enjoy responsibly!
*LivWell makes no claims regarding the health or medical benefits of cannabis.