With spooky season underway, there are plenty of ways to integrate cannabis into your fun Halloween festivities. Whether you’re watching a scary movie, or going to a party, we’ve got some marijuana products and cannabis recipes that will help make your experiences lit!
Cannabis Strains and Horror Films
We’ve got some cannabis flower strains with names and effects to get you in the mood for a good scary movie at home with your boo.
- Ghost Dawg, is an indica dominant strain with fruity tastes, calming cerebral effects, and a body high that helps relieve stress. We recommend lighting up this strain and watching ‘Us’, an American horror film by Jordan Peele. With shocking scenes and compelling plot twists, this movie will have you glued until the end.
- Try Spooky Sunset, a tasty indica dominant strain with caryophyllene and myrcene as top terpenes to help you stay calm during those heart-beating movie moments. If you need a movie to pair with this strain we recommend ‘The Shining’, a classic psychological thriller by Stanley Kubrick with scenes from the iconic Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado.
Cannabis Edibles, Vapes, and Halloween Activities
If you are going to a spooktacular Halloween party or are partying at home and need some discreet ways to enjoy cannabis, here are a few marijuana edibles and distillate products to pair with your festivities.
- A fall seasonal edible option is the award-winning Full Melt Caramels, sweet soft treats that come with 10mg THC in each piece. They will surely bring on a good buzz while you carve your jack-o-lantern pumpkin or while crafting and displaying Halloween decorations.
- The Magnitude All-In-One vaporizer is a great cannabis product to pick up if you are on the go to your 420 friendly party destination. It’s ready to use when you take it out of the package. Hit the zesty flavorful terpenes of the sativa dominant Magnitude AOI 1g Super Lemon Haze to get hyped to bust some dance moves in your super stylish costume.
- Another fall seasonal cannabis edible with a full-body effect is Sweet Grass Snickerdoodle Cookies. With tasty cinnamon and vanilla flavors, this sugar cookie has 10mg THC in each piece. The package comes with ten cookies so you can share them with your adult friends at the party for good laughs during some Halloween games.
- If you want a low dose edible option to ease into the party vibes try the Spicy Mango Dixie Gummies that comes with 5mg THC in each piece. The sweet mango and chipotle habanero blend will have your taste buds screaming with joy. Plus with a hybrid strain, you can relax but stay alert while handing out goodies and socializing.
Cannabis Halloween Recipes
If you are hosting a Halloween party and want to impress your 21+ guests with delicious homemade weed edibles, here are a couple of fall holiday cannabis recipes to try. Just be sure to label your treats so your guests know what they are getting into and keep them out of reach from children and pets. And remember to start low and go slow!
Frosted Pumpkin Harvest Cake
This deliciously moist and sweet pumpkin cake is made with simple and quality ingredients and a Sweet Grass Cannabutter frosting to top it off. It will have you and your guests howling for more (or for fun). Find this and more Cannabutter recipes in the Sweet Grass 2021 Holiday Baking Guide!
For the bread:
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Cannabutter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
For the frosting:
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of Cannabutter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together, then mix wet ingredients together in a separate bowl, then mix the two until combined.
- Pour into an 11×13” greased pan and bake for 35-60 minutes (depending on pan size) until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool.
- Make the frosting by slightly melting the Sweet Grass Cannabutter and the cream cheese, and creaming with the other ingredients. If made in a cake 11×13” pan, double the frosting recipe.
- Spread on top of the bread once cool, serve and enjoy!
Gummy Worm Canna-Shots
For a fun Halloween treat, try these 21+ spooky gummy worm jello shooters infused with cannabis tincture. Be sure to follow the directions so the worms have the suspended effect.
- Trolli Sour Brite Mini Crawlers
- Gummy Worms
- 1 box of Green Jello (lime or berry)
- 1 oz. Tonic Drops (100mg)
- 24 2 oz tall plastic shooter cups
- Wooden skewer
- Make jello as directed on the box in a big bowl.
- Add Tonic Drops to the liquid jello mixture and whisk.
- Fill each plastic shooter halfway with the jello mixture.
- Place the shooters in the fridge for 45-60 minutes, set aside the remaining liquid jello.
- Remove the shooters from the fridge and use the wooden skewer to push 1-2 of the mini crawlers into the jello.
- Hang a gummy worm over the rim of each of the shooters and fill the cups with the remaining jello.
- Place back into the fridge for 3-4 more hours or until fully set and enjoy!
We hope these Halloween activities and cannabis products and recipes help enhance your fun. Whatever you do, remember to enjoy responsibly!
LivWell makes no claims regarding the health or medical benefits of cannabis.